Wednesday, April 04, 2007

I Told You So

I hate to say I told you so, but ...

Seems like President Ahm has gotten more press coverage in these last few days than in all of last year, and on his own terms. What a propaganda opportunity! No wonder he was giving medals out.

The sad thing is that he's actually right on several points. Britain does have a dismal history in the Middle East. Western countries have lost their minds and their sense of decency when it comes to sending women to fight for them, although I would question the proposition that Islam treats its women with decency either. And although the freedoms we enjoy are worth fighting for, our efforts to ram "democracy" down the throats of Middle Eastern nations are misguided at best.

Now that twice as many folks hate me as before, I'll leave. But I will be back.

No comments: